Financial Literacy Program is a financial education course designed to teach children and youth how money works. “Children and Money” is one of the most popular searches made by parents via the internet, and in surveying a number of parents, we have discovered they are most interested in teaching their children the following topics: “What is Money”, “How to be Rich”, and “How to become a millionaire” . We believe that a basic understanding of How Money Works is essential to the youth in our communities, and as strong advocates for financial education, we are providing for this need.
We are excited to offer the Financial Literacy Program to select schools. This is a FREE specialized financial education program conducted onsite. This course is designed to supplement the State Mathematics Standards, and adds educational incentives to other electives, such as Life Skills and Technology curriculums. We recommend that the Financial Literacy Program be offered to grades 5-12, and our materials are flexible enough to be adapted to match grade appropriate state educational standards and classroom time limitations. As an additional benefit, we have provided our participating schools with optional PTA support, fundraiser programs, and free workshops for school staff members and parents on how money works as well.
Our classes can range from 30-90 minutes a week, and can run for 5 weeks to a full academic year. Our instructors will provide all attendees with unrivaled financial education in the following areas:
- Budgeting – Wants vs. Needs Analysis, Priorities, Hierarchy of Needs, Planned Spending, Pay Yourself First, How to be rich: The rules of wealth building
- Goal Setting - Building a written game plan to fund college, identify career paths, etc., special emphasis on recommended book Think and Grow Rich.
- Investments - Understanding how time, discipline, and diversification impact returns, dollar cost averaging and lump sum hypotheticals, What are ticker symbols, what are stocks, bonds, etc. assessing opportunities: factual vs. emotional influence
- Debt - Understanding the true cost of credit, what interest is, and how to avoid credit traps, Credit Score evaluation, Fixed vs. Compound interest
- Financial Strategies – How to become a millionaire by age 50, How to become rich and maintain your wealth, How to increase your income and your net worth, How to save money, How Money Works booklet
- Protection - Why car/home/life insurance and other products are necessary, and how they work.
- Taking Control of your Financial Future - What is Money? What are the 4 ways money is earned? Step by Step approach on how to start saving money NOW!
- Innovation and Adaptability - How to compete in the job market today, building a solid resume, developing your career path, training on Career zone, and Reality Check programs
There is NO CHARGE to participate in the Financial Literacy Program, and all textbooks, training materials, and worksheets are provided complimentary as well. All of our instructors are registered with the State of California in varying fields of financial services, and have undergone an in-depth background check and fingerprint clearance.
Our goal is to positively impact our future generations by making financial education a priority. We believe that this training will allow us to provide a unique, extremely important component to a student’s ability to thrive throughout his/her academic life and allow them to become a resourceful, financially responsible contributor to their community.
For more information, including a copy of the syllabus, sample worksheets, and some sample teaching presentations, or to schedule an onsite meeting with us, please set an appointment by contacting us at email@example.com. We are happy to support your community in creating a unique, competitive advantage in strengthening test scores, increasing a child’s self- esteem, and building a stronger community one child at a time.